We are currently recruiting for the following role in our Commercialisation Team:
Ploughshare Innovations enables the research and innovations developed by its shareholder Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl), and wider UK Government, to be commercialised to benefit both humanity and our economy. We review a wide variety of technologies from the fields in which our clients operate, and we need to predict and respond in those fast-moving markets with speed and agility.
We’re an established, small, close-knit team with big ambitions and are now looking for a Vice President for Commercialisation to lead our Digital Sciences area covering everything from artificial intelligence to web engineering. We’re on an exciting journey to expand our reach across government. Have you got the ambition, commercial aptitude, and creative flair to both develop effective relationships across the spectrum of industry, academia government departments and not for profit sector and be a conduit between the UK scientific community and the exciting entrepreneurial sphere?
- Build success for Ploughshare, and its shareholder Dstl, by enabling fast-paced commercialisation to harness market impact.
- Maintain and expand extensive networks both internally, cross-government and with industry, entrepreneurs, and potential investors to help grow our business and brand.
- Lead license deals or create spin-out companies, as deemed most suitable for each technology, to deliver maximum impact and financial returns.
- Share methodology improvements with our hardworking team, who you will help to encourage and mentor.
- Help licensees to grow and achieve their objectives through ongoing post-deal management and support.
We are seeking a curious and creative individual with an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset and approach to problem-solving. This post requires a relevant degree /MBA and a proven range of experience across an array of leading-edge digital, AI and data science technologies, either advisory or client-side.
Our office is based at Porton Down Science Park, Wiltshire. However, the working location is flexible if you are able to travel to Wiltshire when required. The role may require travel, both nationally and internationally.
Applicants need to hold UK nationality and be able to gain appropriate security clearances.
More Information and How to Apply
If you are interested in a confidential conversation please call The McLean Partnership:
- Jonathan Swain on 07733 304094, or
- Adam Mahmood on 07384 818902, or
- Rebecca Rampat on 07957 730837
- Candidate Prospectus [PDF]
- McLean Partnership Website