We may change this Policy from time to time so please return to this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. By using our website, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy you can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Ploughshare Innovations Ltd, Porton Science Park, Bybrook Road, Porton Down, Wiltshire, SP4 0BF. Alternatively, you can telephone 01794 301052.
Ploughshare Innovations is the technology transfer organisation for the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD). Our company registration number is 04401901 and our registered address is Porton Science Park, Bybrook Road, Porton Down, Wiltshire, SP4 0BF. Ploughshare Innovations is wholly owned by the UK Secretary of State for Defence.
What information do we collect?
We may collect information about you when you communicate with us, for example, when you contact us about products and services, download a document, or register to receive our newsletters.
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data;
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information;
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
How we use your information
We may use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information you requested from us relating to our products or services;
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you;
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- To seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- To notify you of changes to our services;
- To process a job application.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
You have a number of rights relating to the information we may hold about you. You can:
- Obtain a copy of your data on request;
- Request us to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- Ask us to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- Object to the processing of your data;
- Ask us to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the organisation’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
Storing your information
We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that information about you is treated and stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
The information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (EU). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
Disclosing your information
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties, nor share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer;
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information;
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Your choices about the information we hold and how it is used
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive marketing communications from us you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at email@example.com or telephone on 01794 301052.
The accuracy of your information is also important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date you can contact us using the same email and telephone details above.
In accordance with the United Kingdom Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
We want to make our website as useful and reliable as possible. In order to make our website a better experience and to provide some of the services we provide we use small files, called cookies, to store small amounts of information on your device (e.g. PC, tablet or smartphone). They cannot be used to identify you personally.
This information is used to improve services for you through, for example:
- Recognising that you may have set preferences on a previous visit so we can display content appropriate to you;
- Measuring how people are using the website so we can improve how we present our content to you.
If you do not wish these cookies to be tracked you can disable them in your browser, but this may negatively affect your experience on the site.
Review of this policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated on 7 January 2021.