Simulation and modelling of audio arrays is computationally slow and the results lack fidelity. Deployed systems are typically therefore under-optimised and subject to performance degradation as the environment changes.
This new analysis technique provides accurate real-time simulations which will allow the development of cost-effective,high performance 3D audio arrays into a wide range of products and services.
|.||Improved Quality of Service – performance improvement delivers better user experience|
|.||Dynamic – optimal performance is maintained in changing environments|
|.||Reduced Size and Cost – fewer microphones in the array|
|.||Power Reduction – less processing required by fewer microphones|
Applications include any system with multiple receive (microphones) or transmit (speakers) elements that conform to the wave equation.
- Event Recording – concerts, sports
- Voice Recognition – e.g. Amazon Echo
- Immersive Audio – gaming / home cinema
- Automotive – beamforming for music / calls
- Medical – improvements to ultrasound
- Smartphone – improved microphone arrays,e.g. for teleconferencing
Sole Rights / Non-exclusive
Available to license